MBBS In Vietnam For Indian Students
WHY IS VIETNAM A GOOD DESTINATION FOR INDIA MBBS STUDENTS?
The following benefits are another reason why more and more Indian medical students are choosing to study for their MBBS in Vietnam:
The main draws for students to continue their study in Vietnam are the high standard of instruction and accessibility to the country. An additional benefit is that it is just a 3-hour flight away from India.
Vietnam placed ninth among the Asian nations and 50th overall among 163 countries in the world peace rankings.
The education system is of a better caliber and includes developing talent and human resources
Vietnam’s subtropical climate is more similar to that of India.
The Vietnamese government gave high-quality education for everyone a top priority, as seen by the country’s literacy rate of over 90%.
45th place globally in terms of GDP.
The popularity of medical travel is rising rapidly.
What are the advantages of MBBS study in Vietnam?
The quality of education in Vietnam has increased significantly over time, which is why more students are choosing to study there. Vietnam places a high value on education and does not skimp on the standard of education it offers its citizens.
- Course prices are relatively reasonable and less expensive than those at private colleges in India and other nations.
- A customized course syllabus created in accordance with Indian norms and using the Medical Council of India as a source (MCI)
- 5 years of course study are followed by a one-year, paid internship that satisfies Indian standards.
- High-quality instruction in line with global standards
- There are many job opportunities for MBBS graduates in Vietnam.
- Every city in Vietnam speaks English fluently, and every city offers accessible, reasonable transportation.
- Student housing that is affordable
- Part-time employment is permitted (20 hours per week).
- Indian professors are hired to help pupils grasp them better
- Indian students have access to both North and South Indian cuisine.
- Hospitals with many specialties for clinical training
- High living standards
- People who are welcoming to newcomers
- The presence of the Indian diaspora is significant.
- Flight time from India is 4 hours.
- A one-time multiple-entry student visa valid for 6.5 years is issued.
- Education loans from Indian banks are also available.
MBBS in Vietnam – Quick Overview
Medical in Vietnam is an obvious choice; however, to support the aspirant’s decision, the following information about studying MBBS in Vietnam is provided.
|HSC or equivalent (Science) with 50%
|NEET Entrance Test
|It is compulsory. However, it is required in case you wish to pursue a profession in India
|IELTS & TOEFl
|MCI and WHO accredited
|Minimum Course Fee
|6 years including internship
|Top Medical University
|Can Tho University
Fee Structure for MBBS in Vietnam in 2023-24
MBBS in Vietnam fees are not prohibitively expensive, giving students who want to study MBBS abroad a leg up.
Please keep in mind that the information below is subject to change. For clarification, please contact the respective universities.
|Name of the Universities
|Fees In USD ($)
|Fees In INR (₹)
|HongBang International University
|3250$ (per semester) (excluding admission, hostel fee etc.)
|Duy Tan University
|3275$ (for 1st semester) (excluding admission, hostel fee etc.)
|Can Tho University of Medicine and Pharmacy
|3850$ (for 1st year)
Recognition of Medical Universities of Vietnam
The medical universities of Vietnam have received recognition from reputed medical bodies. The followings are the prestigious medical bodies.
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- Ministry of Education, Vietnam
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- World Federation for Medical Education (WFME)
MBBS in Vietnam : Medium of Teaching
To get an MBBS degree in Vietnam, you must know the following teaching medium:
- NMC approved universities of Vietnam offer MBBS courses in English.
- You will get the chance to learn a new language.
- Learning of Vietnam style helps the students during internship time.
Vietnam’s Hostel and Fooding
Vietnam is a diversely culturally rich nation with excellent food and travel locations, but quality and standards in education are more crucial. Given that flights from India are thought to be less expensive and take only three hours to reach their destination, it is also a reasonably priced place to stay and study. Living quarters are lovely and inexpensive. Choosing a place to stay is simple because there are student dorms that are extremely reasonably priced. The rooms are inspected by security personnel, demonstrating that the universities in Vietnam place a high importance on the protection of its MBBS students.
There are dormitory facilities on the campuses of some universities, including HIU, Can Tho University of Medicine and Pharmacy, and Duy Tan University, providing separate housing for males and girls. This cuts down on everyday commute time even more. Several of the medical schools in Vietnam provide Indian food on campus for Indian students to guarantee that they are well-fed
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Vietnam
Eligibility criteria reserved for Indian students to take admission in MBBS at any of the Top Medical Universities in Vietnam stated as follows-
- All medical applicants from India must have completed Science Class XII. Achieve at least 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. This is mandatory for non-reserved category students.
- Students in reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC) can apply with 40% grades in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. According to Medical Council of India (MCI) guidelines.
- The student must have qualified for NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test). It is mandatory from 2019 onwards.
- No additional entrance test or examination is required.
MedAb Overseas makes your admission procedure as smooth as possible by providing steps, which are curated by us to simplify the enrolment in Top Medical Universities in Vietnam-
Fill the Application Form
Submission of the academic documents like X & XII mark sheets (educational certificates), NEET scorecard and Passport size photographs.
Passport: Students usually think that if they do not have a passport, then the registration process is not possible for them. This is not true as you can still register yourself even if you do not have a passport. It is not mandatory. Also, at the time of registration to the University, you can apply for your passport at- https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/
Then, the students will receive their Admission Letter from their chosen University.
Students will have to apply for ‘Visa Invitation letter’ then for which, you require the following:
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- HIV Report
- Passport size photographs with white background
- Bank statement of last 6 months (can be of father/mother)
Visa stamping is your last step for your admission process. We- at the MedAb Overseas, get your Visa stamped by the Embassy of Belarus in New Delhi.
Upon completion of all the formalities, just pack your bags and get ready to fly towards your medical dream destination- Vietnam!!
The Perfect Place to Start!!!
List of documents required for admission in Vietnam
- 12th Original Marksheet
- Original Passport with proper scan copy of front and back to be shared over email.
- NEET Score Card
- Required digital photograph above shoulder in white background. It should show a close-up of your face and the top of your shoulders so that your face takes up between 70% – 80% of the face. (kindly share clear scan copy over email ID provided by your counsellor)
- Required 6 passport-size photographs should be 35mm x 45mm in width and height over matt paper with white background.
- Aadhar Card
- Student Pan Card Copy (for Dollar exchange & Forex Card)
Apply today for a personalized counselling
Connect with our award-winning counsellors for getting into the best MBBS college abroad.
MedAb Overseas will provide you with the best guidance required for overseas MBBS education. An expert counsellor will guide you through your entire journey on selecting your MBBS seat abroad. From Visa to ticket till you land for your dream college our expert counsellor will work with you as a guide. Your counsellor will be available to answers all your questions.
Let’s get started!
1. Fill in the form and connect with your counsellor
2. Share your preferred college/stream and the city of your choice
3. Tell counsellor about your educational background
4. What kind of guidance do you need
5. Counsellor will provide you with university selection
6. Once you are ready, counsellor will guide on documentation (Passport, visa, tickets, etc)
Counselling is completely free!